Monday, March 20, 2006

Today's thought - Creepy old men



Now, I'm all for compliments - don't get me wrong, especially first thing in the morning when I feel like garbage and I'm wearing my beloved Stanford Hoody (damn NCAA tournament - I am officially boycotting you!) and comfy pants - However, when they come from creepy library man, somehow they don't have the same effect.

For all of those who may not know about creepy library man let me explain....
Basically he is the "security guy" for the books at the library (aka he gets up to check your books / in your bag if you set off the alarm at the McKimmie Library at the U of C). He works in the mornings, and as I am usually in the library first thing in the morning to print off that days plethora of assignments, I happen to see him almost everyday. Therefore, by the laws of all that is bizarro he decides we are best buds and ergo calls me "Beauty" - nice.

For the most part I take one earphone out of my ear and smile politely and say "good morning" and do my best to walk very fast away from him, but last friday (St. Paddy's day) I was accosted. He actual stepped in front of me and demanded to see my green ... yuck! It so happens that I was wearing green (my cool shoes from France), but I did get a rather large pinch on my arm and he did get very close-talker on me.... hmmmmmm. Heather and Claudia can attest to this.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this new series of events, but maybe I should rearrange my library times, or get my homework finished at a normal time so that I can print it out at home without fear of waking all those sleeping in the next room..... or maybe I can use my stealthy spy skills and get into the library without being detected. I'll keep you updated.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Ah yes, the library creeper.

Linda said...

I know he's trying to be nice - and he is old, so I shouldn't be so riled up - but come-on....there is a line....

Anonymous said...

He wants to kiss you, he wants to hug you, he wants to touch you, he wants to hold you,he wants to caress you, he wants to love you...

Love, Katie