Saturday, September 30, 2006

Kinky Boots and Stupid Boys

Cute movie - love the drag queen Lola - he/she is just fah-bu-lous. A nice thing to watch whilst lounging on the couch after a hard day's work. However, the guy at the casablanca (the movie store) was very weird - it was like - he - took - a - huge - long - break - after - each - word.... brutal!

Yesterday, at job #2, this guy (another weird one) was soooo bizarre! First let me tell you that trying to impress me with horror stories of what you do to your eyes with contacts will NOT impress me - in fact it does the opposite, it grosses me out and makes me want to rip out the eyes from your undeserving eye sockets! This guy told me that he, and I quote, "wears his focus night and day (contacts you were for UP TO 1 month straight) for - get this - 3 months at a time!!!!!!!!!" THEN he tells me that he has previously worn his 2 week contacts for almsot 6 months and only took them out because they hurt his eyes - plus he hasn't owned a bottle of solution in 3 YEARS and only came in for the exam because we wouldn't sell him contacts until his eye exam wasn't dated 3 years ago!!!!!

Apparently he has figured out the contact lens scam (?!?!?!?!) whereas the lenses are only marketed with that schedule because the company is trying to scam the consumers. He has absolutely no concern for the fact that the material degrades after a while, not to mention the fact that your eyes deposit ooddles of protein on the lenses every day - disgusting!!!!!!!

I was so appalled with his behaviour that I couldn't even disguise my disgust - normally when patients tell me things that make me want to scream at them I can put the disinterested face on and say "mmmmm" and calmly write it down in their file. This time though I just stared open mouthed at him and just said over and over agian - seriously?!?!.

What an idiot, I hope his eyes fall out.

No comments: