Thursday, December 28, 2006

And if I feel like I'm going to faint I eat a cube of cheese....

I have become quite the movie buff as of late, I usually watch at least one per day and sometimes if I am feeling quite saucy I watch 2!

Boxing Day I re-watched The Devil Wears Prada as neither Rachel nor Rob had seen it, and I love it, it makes me feel both inadequately dressed and like I might have some potential, plus it is just too cute. Last night however I watched one movie that is uber famous and I am embarrassed to admit that I have never seen it, in fact I believe that I was at one point berated for not having seen it, anyhoo it was An Affair to Remember, with Carey Grant (LOVE HIM!) and Deborah Kerr (she's okay). Upon further research I found out that my new crush Carey stopped making movies as early as 1966 - what a shame!
So now, as per Rachel and my conversation I need to have several movie marathons - one for Carey, one for Gerard Butler and I've just decided one to be devoted to old classics that I must see, or that I love.....but they have to be classics....
So, any suggestions for my classics marathon?
PS - Rachel your damn delicious chocolate is driving me crazy, and that plaid box, I freakin' love it!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, there's still more in my fridge, and I'm working on an even better recipe for next year (apparently sharing the recipe means I have to make it better next Christmas)!

megs said...

Okay, for your classics nite, you MUST have Breakfast at Tiffany's. Also, Gone With the Wind is also a good one - although so long, it would take a nite of its own. But if anyone could do it, it would be you!

Linda said...

As a matter of fact I owe an Audrey Hepburn colleciton of movies, but I have never seen Gone with the wind...i know, i know, maybe we can pull an all nighter, dress up in curtains and wear lacy gloves and crazy hats - are you in?

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I actually own (or at least did at one point if I've since given it away) a skirt made out of a curtain... it's something of a throwback to my days in theatre...

Linda said...

if you still have it you MUST wear it to the party....the GWTW Party that is....I'm not sure it is appropriate elsewhere (hahaha)