Friday, December 8, 2006

It's in you to give...


Or for them to jab with all their might at your tiny little vein and then forget about you while the BP cuff is squeezing the life out of your arm.......as you can guess I went - as I affectionately call it - to get my blood drained...

I arrived hoping and praying that my iron was high enough no to get rejected this time....and after 2 different tests I finally passed. But my question is - why the heck is my iron low? I haven't been doing anything really different these days...whatever.

Back to the story...I was called into the little room with the nurse where she asked me all sorts of extremely personal questions - but that is their job so meh. Anyhoo, I was taken to the clinic and hopped on the lounger then the aforementioned nurse proceeded to put on the bp cuff and seriously hurt me as she put the needle in and and the stand there and chat with the other nurses about hairdressers......and forget about my arm! My fingers started to turn a dark colour (remember I am the whitest non albino...) and started to turn numb....so I kind of interupted their conversation and she looked at me kind of startled -"oh, right, just one moment I'll just collect some samples and I'll take that pressure right off for you.." she did, but my fingers stayed numb the whole time...towards the end of the ordeal another nurse came over to take the needle out of my arm, but I was feeling quite woozy here and obviously I had turned a shade or two greyer than I was at the beginning so I had 4 or 5 nurses come running over to me with fans, cold cloths, apple juice (my fav), massaging my arm and fingers, basically fussing over me for almost a half an hour. Then when I was feeling better one of my nurses walked me over to the cookie station where I was plied with many cookies and more juice....mmmmm - this is the real reason I donate - for the cookies.


Now I feel like I am somewhat of a reasoned vet when it come to getting blood taken, I get bloodtests done more than the average person, but holy crap, she put her weight into it....


Oh well, afterwards I got to zip over to grandmas for tea and some girl talk - I just love my grandma - she freakin' rules.... and then to bed early (for once..) and that was my day....

No comments: