Monday, December 18, 2006

Never stopped...

I know I say this every monday but I cannot believe that the weekend is over....this weeekend however was exceptionally busy..friday I worked then headed out on foot down the street to Shoppers in kensington, and then across the road to the Vientamese place because I had been craving it for like 3 days....and then I walked home, devoured my vietnamese and then had some unexpected visitors - Miss KQ and her friend Megan who had decided that the evening was not complete until we all had some gelato...mmmm - egg nog flavoured gelato!

Saturday I worked again (job #2 this time) and then did some super quick christmas shopping and then ran home to get ready for the Job # 2 Christmas party - which turned out to be really fun. We went to the Cookbook Company and all made our meal - Cam and I had the Butternut Squash Soup, it was delicious! Something like 8 courses later we were stuffed, plus all the wine to with all the 8 courses and we were spent...headed home to sleep and was awakened by a frantic Heather at 5 am....

It seems as though we were experiencing some bathroom troubles all over the floor.,..that compounded with the fact that we didn't own a plunger and we ran out of towels...made for quite the mess, and poor Heather had to run off to work at 5 am.....so when I finally woke up for te 2nd time that morning (@ 9:30) with a killer headache from all the wine, I slowly made my way to Starbucks to see Heather, get a coffee, navigate my way through Home Depot, get home, fix the problem, decided I need to geta mop, go and buy a mop and the strongest cleaning liquid I can find, mop up the bathroom, disinfect the whole room - twice, wash the kitchen and hallway floor, gather all the recycling up (it was a mountain let me tell you) get my laundry together and head out to drop off recycling / do my laundry / do more christmas/ grocery shopping.....I didn't get home until 8:00 - I was more than spent....

Tonight is much the same, I have to get vaccinated and wrap presents so I won't be home until 8ish I think and I work twice tuesday plus Love Actually party chez Eleni...wow, I need a break I think.


PS - for a much funnier rendition of what happened chez Linda and Heather, check out Heather's Blog

No comments: