Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Montréal Part Deux

So now that I am home from my second Montreal trip in as many weeks I am definately feeling the withdrawl of travel.... It was so bad that I spent a good few minutes standing in front of Martin's house sobbing as I said good-bye to my fav Julie.... Normally I suck at saying goodbye, really I'm quite ridiculous, but lately I've been so good.... not monday night though... I totally lost my composure and thus ended up looking like a complete idiot.


The rest of the weekend though was great.... I arrived on saturday morning, totally exhausted, slept at Martin's house for a few hours then headed out with the BFF crew (minus Virginia) for some shopping and tea at the Queen Elixabeth Hotel.... Basically we dressed up in cute summer dresses, sat in a swanky tea lounge and laughed our way through afternoon tea.... afterwards we ran back to Martin's for the wine and cheese - said a quick hello, headed upstairs to change from tea time dress to party dress (aka jeans and a black tuxedo shirt), then back into the party.

I've never been to a wine and cheese, being that I am not such a fan of wine - so needless to say I wasn't sure what to expect..... What did happen though was Loc took over as host and decided that I was to have a full wine glass at every moment and proceeded to ply me with copious amounts of red wine... this coupled with the fact that my tea time meal wasn't very filling, and I didn't eat very much cheese lead me to feel quite happy throughout the night. End result - Linda realizes that wine tastes yummy.....

Sunday morning the new Mrs. Scorpio Husband (yes, that's right folks - I've been replaced...) woke up super early and thus as she moved about and talked downstairs I inevitably woke up and stumbled my way into the shower... Red Wine the next day isn't as nice as say - oh, I don't know, scotch perhaps..... Anyways - so showered and dressed I made my way down to the breakfast table, slid into place and croaked my good mornings. Being the lovely host that he is Martin brought me some coffee (thank god it was Starbucks and not - what I like to call hie regular Rocket Feul cleverly posing as coffee). The funny bit was that as he placed the steaming cup in front of me he happily and proudly proclaimed "Vive la Québec Libre!" and set down his most prized fleur de lis decorated mug.... gotta love those seperatists....

After my morning coffee, we jumped into the super car and drove off in search of Julie (j'adore Julie) and up north to St. Sauver and Mt. Tremblant... which PS was wicked fun, I even got to partake in a semi cabane au sucre with some maple syrup crystalized on a stick!!! I'm such a tourist! After this we drove back down to Laval, got dressed for dinner and sped off into the night to see his mom and wish her a Happy Birthday... I tried to class it up, wearing my majorica pearl earings, my bejeweled cross and some kiss ass heals with my black wrap dress... funny enough the restaurant wasn't as fancy as I thought but it all turned out alright as Jocelyne (Martin's mom) and I are now BFF... we laughed all night, discussed life and her son, drank more wine (white this time) and made plans for me to visit some again - his Dad and I have a date for a drink of scotch... the cutest part of the evening was however when his 8 year old niece presented me with a lovely scene of me riding a horse, she is just precious....

Monday came too early and we met up with Julie and Patrice for some yummy brunch on Rue St. Denis followed by a lovely walking tour of Ste. Catherine's and the the old town. Julie and I got sunburnt (I now have the image of a cross burned into my chest), but loved every minute of it as we basked in the sun, sipping our iced cappucinos and people watching in the old town.

Dinner was next and then I had to say my goodbyes as I jetted off to the airport... 4 hours later I was at home and sad that I had left Montreal again... this time not sure when I would make it back....

Upon arriving home in cowtown I was greeted at the airport with a smile, a hug, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers to celebrate my 10 1/2 year anniversary... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CAM!!

So there we go, another trip, another tale.....

1 comment:

megs said...

Guess where I am?! Yep, Montreal! The weather is sooo nice (30+). Sorry we couldn't hook up Monday nite, busy drinking on Ste. Catherine's (I think you can relate, no?). So glad you have discovered wine, I think it will provide hours of entertainment for us... miss ya!