Friday, November 16, 2007

Reflections

Last night I spent the evening at home, which is really quite a rarity these days. In my evening home I did end up being rather productive and was able to catch up on some emails and clean my living room - the re-organising of the previous re-organising shall be performed this weekend I think. But I digress, that is not the point of today's post.

The point is that while I was re-reading my blog posts from the beginning (March 2006) I noticed a very scary happening.. it seems that my writing style has slowly evolved into crap. I started out differently than I have ended up, and although I do understand that in fact I have evolved as a person over the last year and a half, my writing style has gotten worse, and not better. I think it may be due to the fact that I am not in school anymore and thus not surrounded by / listening to highly educated people speak about academic topics and consequently my vocabulary and writing style has therefore suffered.

Now, hearing myself say this I am sounded really snarky about my current situation. The fact remains though, that the majority of the people that I have to deal with are not university professors and the conversations do not revolve around academic topics. In a way it is a relief not to have to constantly vamp up my trains of thought in order to impress my profs, but I think that my brain is slowly changing for the worse without the constant barrage of assignments and studying. Perhaps I shall embark on a self study mission, or even take a class long distance or what the heck go back to university... not full time mind you, I don't think I could financially support that. Maybe I can convince job #3 to pay for my continued education - I've started to look into a Masters in Military and Strategic Studies, and hey U of C has a fantastic program and world renowned centre.... it would be applicable right?

In any case, I have forgotten the original reason for this post... I had one more point to make and clearly my memory / ability to retain information has clearly suffered from my lack of learning. If I can remember I shall post it, if not, I think I've written enough for the time being.

Happy Friday!

No comments: