Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's in me to give

In keeping with my ridiculous schedule it would be fitting that I have a blood donation apointment for this evening. In fact, this time I'm trying for plasma - instead of whole blood. I signed up for the apherisis program knowing that it posed a much larger time commitment, but it will be more beneficial in the long run for those who will use my blood products.

I've been told it should last about 1 to 1 1/2 hours tonight, and hopefully I can just read - quite a luxury these days, or if that proves too dificult I'll bring out the iPod. Either way I can relax and take some me time tonight which I am very much looking forward to.

As I am finishing this post I had a quick thought, have any of you guys ever donated? If not, why not (baring any medical or belief refusals like low iron, small veins etc)?

Now if you will all excuse me I shall take some iron so I can be ready tonight!

Ciao!

Update: It is in me to give!!! Tonight went so smoothly, I am very pleased... as you all know I've been plagued with problems of iron deficiency so tonight was a great experience. The plasma team on the third floor are great! In fact, tonight went so well that instead of the usual 30-35 minutes for women I managed to finish in 22 minutes! Hot damn! This is a great week isn't it?

No comments: