Thursday, March 27, 2008

What, so SOON????

Yikes!! it looks as though I am leaving rather quickly (28 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes and 3 seconds ). I just got a message about my room being rented to someone starting the 24th of April... so I guess I'll be outta there on the 23rd. Not like I wasn't expecting this but it is all very sudden it seems and I can't believe I will be saying goodbye to Kensington Palace so soon. I really do love my apartment, it is so pretty and I love living there, but I do not love the winters with frozen hardwood and ridiculously expensive heating bills.... but my kitchen is soooo pretty and I love my arched doorways... and my southern exposed living room, and my fake fireplace, and my perfect location, and oh.... I am sad now.. :(

I was also thinking that I should really take that last week off of work so I can a) pack and b) get all my ducks in a row paperwork / banking wise. So, wow, I have 3 weeks of work left... scary stuff...

On a more positive note, I am feeling more and more confident about the whole making it through basic business. Each time I spend my Wednesday night with the crew at the ship I get more insight as to exactly what will go on, and I feel like this will be in fact like Summer Camp but with Guns! Fitness wise, I did not make it to the gym tonight cause I was dead tired, but tomorrow I shall do a good run, Saturday will be reserved for an 8 km fast walk and Sunday for a long run... I can't hardly wait!!

Now with that I should get back to work and clean up this desk of mine so I won't feel so guilty taking off for 3 months...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo, you should have told us you were moving out, maybe WE could have rented your place!

Linda said...

No one has rented it thus far... it's still up for grabs.. and PS - if you do end up renting it please be advised that I will be spending a lot of time there visiting the Palace..

Anonymous said...

oh i will miss Kensington palace!! :(

Linda said...

and you can't even come to the combat party to say goodbye.... darn it!