Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happenings

After a good amount of research P and I decided to take the plunge and sponsor a child through Plan Canada.  He picked South America as our preferred location and I sent in the request.  Now all we have to do is wait 2-4 weeks for the picture and profile of our child and voila- we are foster parents!  I'm amazed it took me this long to sign up,  $35 / month is not a lot of money, and with all the perks we get from being in the military we are quite certain it won't even change my budget.

The neat thing is that now I can write letters in Spanish again.  It's been a while since I actually used my languages, and with my upcoming french profile test ( 12 days from now - yikes!) I guess this marks my return to my languages - thank goodness. 

I've also been course loaded on my next course in Quebec City... I'm rather excited to get back to the 400 and the gorgeous atmosphere that is QC... I'll be (hopefully) driving home and staying for a day or two before flying out east and then back home for a week or so afterwards.  P has his course in Shilo in May and then back to Gagetown in september.  We are trying to arrange a stay in Ontario at the cottage for a week or so in August - wish us luck ;)

Due to schedule changes this year we have also decided that 30 April 2011 will - barring any new  training schedule changes - be our wedding date.  I have a shopping trip booked in 2 weeks with an Aunt to the garment district of T.O. for my dress material and if I have enough time in April when I am home I will consult with my dressmaker.  I do have a year to actually plan this thing so I'm taking it slowly.  I have a pretty good idea of how this wedding will pan out and I don't see it taking up much of my time to plan, logistics are my speciality these days after all.
 
I should get back to the books though, I have an essay due on tuesday and I have a lot of work to do.  I'm hanging out at the in-laws' this weekend, I'm on duty next week (including the weekend) so I'm stuck on base, or very close to it - boo!


No comments: